I became interested in Massage when I was in my early 20s. I worked as an Office Manager, Controller and other office administration positions for 18 years before I finally followed my heart and went to school to become a Massage Therapist. It was the best decision I ever made.
I love being a Massage Therapist. I truly enjoy my job. I am honored each time a client comes to see me and allows me to assist them on their path to wellness. I am fascinated by the human body and all its complexities. I am in awe of its ability to heal itself, the connection between the physical body and the mind, and the amazing energy that flows within us.
I believe in the many benefits of receiving regular bodywork and wish that it was something everyone could experience. I know for myself having experienced an abusive childhood, making that first massage appointment can be very scary. Before my first massage, I did not know what to expect. Now that I know how powerful massage can be, I strive to help others feel comfortable receiving massage. Many of my clients have told me that they feel “very safe” with me. I cannot think of a nicer compliment.
Training & Credentials
- 2001 Graduate of Brenneke School of Massage
- Licensed in Washington (MA00015948)
- Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- Nationally Certified in Pregnancy and Postpartum Massage
- Professional Member of the American Massage Therapy Association
- Intraoral Massage Credentials as of 11-01-2010
- Additional training: Myofascial Release, Foot Reflexology, Intraoral Massage, Orthopedic Massage, Sports Massage, Lomi Lomi, Aromatherapy, Massage Cupping, Polarity, Visceral Manipulation and Reiki
- Pain Free Deep Tissue
- Neck Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Pregnancy Massage
- Working with individuals struggling with chronic health issues and chronic pain
- Working with individuals who do not like to be touched
- Working with adult survivors of child abuse